Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A little unpicking and an almost finish


The one thing about quilting on a frame that I still can’t get used to is not being able to see the underside of the quilt as you progress.  So with most of the quilt done and as I advanced to another section I noticed really bad tension in one area and knew I would have to unpick.  I think this happened just before I ran out of bobbin thread.  So I continued after replacing the bobbin and with the quilt off the frame, I had to find the spot needed to unpick.  With this amount of stitching, not an easy job.


Finally spotted the bad area and then could start unpicking.





With my quilting done, binding sewn to the front, label glued in place…. Guess what I’ll be doing on the public holiday tomorrow in South Africa??



No comments:

Post a Comment