Sunday, October 29, 2017

Permission to play -2 - Done

This weekend I babysat my daughters’ chicken and more spoilt you won’t find anywhere else.  Needless to say having huge dogs and cats simply leaving chicken to wander around is not the safest idea, so I literally did chicken-sitting.  Where chicken went I had to go to check that nothing goes wrong.  Very little quilting got done and this was one of the few times that I could actually be in my sewing room.  Chicken sleeps, yes, she is not dead, she really does sleep like this
I had to move my colouring project to the ironing board just to get a little more done but I must give chicken credit unlike our parrot the chicken did not show interest in or chew on my Inktense pencils.
I still didn’t like the colouring in part BUT it made me WANT to quilt again so I forbid myself to not finish this and have yet another half-finished project somewhere on a design wall or stuffed in a cupboard and early morning, still in my PJ’s, before chicken and the family got up, I would be colouring in.

On Saturday morning we fetched my daughters’ 2 pit bulls, so a rather busy, dirty and disrupted house with my 2 cats closed down in a guest bedroom. 
My own poor little rescue had very limited time with mom.
To make this very long story of living beings short, I finished my painting project!

1 comment:

  1. Your painting is very pretty. I laughed when reading about your daughter's pet chicken. One of the women in my guild gets teased a lot about her pet chickens.

    ReplyDelete