Friday, September 15, 2017

Trip to Smithfield

One of the smaller towns some 1½ hours’ drive from us hosts a quilt day once a year and this year quilting friend, Karin and I, decided to attend but the sad part is that we never even took a single photo, not of us in the car, the venue, the quilts or our fellow quilters.  We are really getting old!

For such a small group they did everything right.  We had no less than 4 demonstrations and way-way too much to eat with the most interesting lunch I’ve had in a LONG time.


My Snowflake Splendour One Block Wonder won the second prize in the viewers’ choice after I didn’t want to enter it initially, Karin took over and gave it for display.  I will have to share my prize money with her.


This week our men are taking a golfing break and our plans for this ‘time-out’ is to do very little but quilting, so hopefully I will have some progress to post about after this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment