Sunday, September 10, 2017

Magnolia Mystery - 1

Up early one morning, working through the blogs I follow on The Old Reader, I came across a new mystery quilt over HERE.

Now the one thing that bugs me about most mysteries are that the completed size is seldom given with the fabric requirements and I would dread going through the process of making a mystery to end up with a small wall hanging or table topper (I simply just don’t like these or then prefer quilts to be on my beds).  This one however gave you a choice for the completed size and when I saw QUEEN I was as in as could be.


I am still trying to work away some of my stash and had to search through this for my fabric choices.  This is what I came up with.
As usual, everything I was busy doing came to a halt when I got the cutting instructions.  Here most of the cutting is done.



The first stitching instruction appeared on the first Thursday of September (and the next will be posted every first Thursday of the next months) I stayed on track and did my homework. A total of 72 half square triangle blocks done.
We had an ill granddaughter over for the weekend so very little quilting happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment