Sunday, September 03, 2017

Birthday fabric One Block Wonder – 2

Friend Karin came over for an all-night quilt session of Friday and after the men treated us with barbequed pork belly served with salad and Bovril potatoes, we set off to my sewing room.  Karin started cutting her fabric, also purchased in Port Elizabeth, while at the festival for her One Block Wonder and I continued sewing my triangles into half hexagon units.


However we are getting old now and by 02:10 we called it a night and each went to a room and slept the rest of the time.  In our defence though, Karin had electricians working inside her house and I baby sat our little man, so we couldn’t take a quick afternoon nap.
We did however make good progress and after leaving here the next morning, Karin and her hubby drove to their cabin at the dam where she continued sewing outside.
It however took me quite a while to feel motivated being too tired and I could only continue late the next afternoon but before the end of the weekend I had my 70 hexagons sewn in halves and ironed flat.  Now the tedious work of arranging these must start.

No comments:

Post a Comment