Saturday, May 20, 2017

Owl – A punch of purple

After treating ourselves to dining out (the men were on their own golfing mission) Karin and I had a rather messy all night quilting workout yesterday.  Messy because we both did applique and paper, thread and fabric snippets were all over the room.
We can however always, after these sessions, give back positive feedback as we both got so much done.  Not only did I finish the satin stitch around the beige fabric but added the purple teardrops and satin stitched around these too.  Karin’s constant encouragement of how nice it looked on a quilt, kept me going.
Karin worked on a quilt for a young female family member and got just as much done but kept to ironing applique shapes to the backgrounds and she didn’t do much actual stitching.  She did however get to experience why I am such a fan of Steam-a-seam Lite for use in applique
My next step now is to cover these circles with fabric and hand stitch it to the Owl bodice.  At least no more satin stitching at this stage.
I am actually dead tired but is expecting another quilting friend bringing me some chilli sauce and I better look respectable before she arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment