Saturday, April 08, 2017

Scrappy strips 4

On Friday I woke up just before 4 am with the lovely sound of rain outside and decided this was too good to continue sleeping, so out of bed I got. Started cooking food for the dogs, ironed the laundry and then got stuck in my green scrap drawer to cut strips for my scrappy strip quilt.
I was also done with quilting my Freestyle quilt so I continued to cut strips for the binding.  I am having a cyst removed from my jaw on Monday and will be at home (swollen and blue, they say) until after Easter weekend, so I better get myself something to do when not in too much pain.

After work I managed to sew the binding strip to the right side of the quilt and then had the grand-kids over for the evening while mom and dad took a well-deserved break.

Got up early again this morning and tackled my blue scrap drawer but after cutting for more than an hour I haven’t even made a dent in this drawer opposed to my red drawer that has nothing in it.
Then quilting productivity stopped as I went to the salon to “wash that grey right out of my hair”, shopped for backing and batting for the mystery quilt, went for coffee with the quilter who kindly took over the books I didn’t want any more and started prepping Sunday lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Cleaning up scraps by cutting makes more scraps. They multiply. Good luck with the cyst. Chris

    ReplyDelete