I’ve been working on this Owl project for a couple of months. I can’t really remember whether I found it on a Mandala or Colouring pages for adults site on Google but liked it immediately and wanted to turn the sketch into a quilt.
I started by enlarging the picture and had an A1 copy made, traced this copy onto freezer paper and then started cutting out section by section to adhere to fabric and join together.
I had no plan or colour scheme beforehand and wanted to use fabric from my scrap pile, so even now I select fabric as I go along. I started with the eyes.
Yesterday evening while DH went to our business to check out a burglar alarm that went off, I labelled the Bargello with a twist quilt and worked some more on the eyes of the Owl.
DH returned later with a photo of the intruder that set off the alarm.