Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Over-locking table cloths

I own an over-locker but being a quilter hardly ever uses it.  Last week however I needed rolled hems on organza table overlays and had to use the over-locker.  Needless to say I couldn't get it right, so with machine in one hand and organza in the other I stormed our local PFAFF dealer.  O my, this woman is so patient and within minutes she calmly told me my thread did not run through the tension plates.  How very clever of me?  Then everything worked wonderfully and I even offered to do rolled hems for my friends PROVIDED they have green fabric as I had green thread on the machine!

While out shopping with my blonde I bought fabric for table cloths and even though I don't have a clue to what kind of fabric it is, it didn't feel all that stiff, so I figured rolled hems can work on this as well and I even changed the thread to black.  Took me forever and a day but I eventually got there.

So see I can do a little more than just quilting, not much but at least a little......

1 comment:

  1. I've recently used my overlocker for the 1st time too, helping a friend make costumes for the school play.. a dream to use, but boring work.. :-)

    ReplyDelete