Friday, May 04, 2012

Second quarterly guild meeting

We had our second meeting on Thursday, 3 May and I always take photos of the food table which makes me wonder whether I go for the quilts or the food.

The challenge for this term was Inchies/Twinchies and even though I did not participate some of these entries took my breath away.  So much love going into something this tiny.


I did however take the quilt I wrote about in THIS POST along for show and tell.


I also entered 2 quilts for our annual Bloem Show and won 3 prizes for these.  Two first prizes and a special trophy prize.These were the quilts entered, the one on the left won for the best free motion quilted item and the one on the right for the best group quilt.




Here is my three envelopes containing monetary prizes and me receiving these.











The nicest surprise on the meeting was seeing a student quilt completed from the free motion class I taught.  Nice work Lenie!


The evening we had yet another prize giving this time at the Bloem Show and the venue was to say the least, beautiful.



This is the trophy I received.

Karin and I sadly did not stay for dinner as we had a date with our men and where did they take us?  An open air bar at the Bloem Show.  Fortunately good company made up for the loss of the looks of the venue.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Congrats on winning, love your quilts too. Very interesting the one with the flower centre.

    ReplyDelete