Sunday, January 29, 2012

I am trying

DH had his birthday earlier this week and I bought him a Weber grill.  November last year 3 of us (needless to say all quilters) sent our hubbies off to a Weber cooking class.  Now Karin's husband loves cooking so one can understand why he went but what Marie and I thought when we sent ours, heaven only knows expecially since none of them at that stage even had a Weber.

I guess we hoped with Karin's husband as inspiration we'd have a little more help in the cooking department and with my purchase I hoped to rekindle the interest.  I know it is still early days but I think it is paying off.  Friday evening we got beer roasted chicken and this afternoon we had the tenderest fillet stuffed with oysters, blue cheese, sour cream, sherry and a myriad of spices.  Lip smacking good!!

Meanwhile I really try to quilt a little every day but our cats are drawn to a quilt like magnets or should I say only when I want to work on it.  The quilt will sit on the table for days on end without a cat nearby but watch me move my behind on the chair to start and I have and audience!

This is Socks (ginger) and Sasky making themselves at home just as I got going and there is just no way I can move a quilt around underneath the dead weight of these two.


I so hoped to get a good session quilting in this evening but it is just not going to happen.

The only cat in the house that knows her place is Katseturi on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment