Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 2 - Home alone

I woke up this morning to an extremely annoying noise competition between the 2 parrots -  Mayday, the visiting bird, from my sewing room and Meeko, our bird, from my bed.  Yip, she sleeps with us in bed underneath the blankets!  I was not very friendly at 20 to 6 but my mood changed when I got up to make coffee and saw that it was softly drizzling.  I know the youngsters and people at the beach might not appreciate this weather but to me it simply meant no dust and cooler weather.

Took advantage of the ‘no-dust’ part and washed all the hardwood floors, then cleaned the refrigerator but had to get rid of all the leftover food first and chopped fruit for the tortoises that nestled by the dining room door when it started to rain.

I didn’t quite know what to do with all the bananas in the fridge as the tortoises refuse to eat these.  DH must believe I’m the town drunk for my cocktail of choice during the festive season is a Banana Daiquiri and I do believe I can make a mean but o so yummy drink!  He however surely bought all the bananas in the shop and I’ll have to stay drunk if I want to finish these before they get home.  I’ll have to invite some of the gals over this week.

I did very little machine work and only attached the binding to my pre-printed panel and sewn this by hand at the back.  Then I added the label while listening to Mayday telling me long stories. 

1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute panel. I have also just recently done one but find it much too boring. See you are having a resting time at home. Hugs

    ReplyDelete