Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 1 @ Karin's Cabin

On Monday, 27 December DH brought me through to Karin and her husband’s cabin about an hour’s drive outside the city.  The 3-bedroomed cabin is built right on the edge of the dam with the balcony facing the dam – beautiful view!  The men spent the first day together going out on the boat and Karin’s husband barbecued for lunch. 

Afterwards the men left to go back to the city leaving us two girls all by ourselves to have a quiet week of quilting.  With the men still here I spent the day sewing the binding on my latest summer Bargello I did through Quilt University. The first evening we had a terrible electric storm which made it rather nice to be covered with a quilt.  
 I got Karin to hold my quilt while standing up on the balcony and I went downstairs to take this photo from the water’s edge.  I think I’ve found the perfect spot to display and take photos of future quilts.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I love the quilt and so excited for the 2 of you! I want to be there for the week too!!!
    I will enjoy the daily entries!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete