Saturday, November 06, 2010

Scrappy Bargello - Method 1 in the making

With my computer out of action and hubby off to a fancy dress party – representing a band member of Smokey (could you guess that???) I had much more time on hand and started Method 1 of Iessie’s Scrappy Bargello Design and it turned out a massive quilt of 2.6 x 2.4 meters and it was no fun task getting this little one quilted especially having to move the weight of one of the cats along. 
Then to add to my frustrations of late I got a piece of lint/fluff/thread caught between my tension plates and only realized the stitching on the back of the quilt was one big mess when I ran out of bobbin thread and checked the underside.  Unpicked the mistakes during a quilt-thru-the night session with friends Marie and Karin and now just need to fix the mistakes and do the binding but I am still recovering from quilting through the night 2 consecutive nights and now desperately needs some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, how did my cat get to your house? ;-)

    ReplyDelete