Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I feel rich

Spring has arrived in South Africa and along with it the will do start new projects and do fun things. Not in my wildest dreams could I image this would include a new dog. Okay rather an old (4 years) dog in a new home – ours!! Sad story about screwed up humans who threaten to divorce unless the dog goes. So without much choice by Coco she was adopted by us and I plan to make her stay as pleasant as possible.
In my post on Sorting my space I mentioned new fabric and it arrived yesterday. This was actually such a fun but daring purchase. A quilt shop owner from a nearby city closed shop and sold her fabric for almost half price provided you buy for a certain amount. So I borrowed money from DH. This guy is sometimes too good to be true. I mean really…. I don’t work and other than the money he gives me and a little extra from teaching, I don’t have an income but still…. he lent me money. The catch in this purchase was that I could not choose my fabric as it was already moved to a warehouse and when purchasing they start from one side, count down your 135 meters (or fat quarter equivalent) and pack your box.


So this turned out to be my surprise lucky dip and I loved it! Wouldn’t you?


I already pre-washed 7 one yard pieces for my next project.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hettie, I am so glad you keep your blog going! I just love seeing your progress! Love you new puppie friend! I just got one to we named her Sissy she is a little Chihuaua. You make me feel rich having you as friend! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete