Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Twice in one week

I do enjoy quilting through the night with friends. The whole atmosphere just changes and for me it has always turned out to be somewhat special apart from getting loads done without any interruptions. Friend Karin and I however overdid it last week when we had not less than 2 such evenings in one week and we just had to choose the 2 coldest nights of the winter!. Tuesday at my house, with her DH away for the week and mine sleeping all by his lonesome self, we started off with Bargello quilts. I am not yet done with the one I started along with the beginners but who ever said you needed to finish one project before starting with another?


Friday evening at Karin’s house we continued and invited another quilter, Rina, along. So there we were…. Me doing a Bargello as part of a course from Quilt University, Karin working on the Scrappy Bargello pattern from Quiltville and Rina doing yet another one from a book she bought. I am making better progress on my QU Bargello than the one I started first but then in less than a week Lesson 2 from QU will appear and I’ll have to start with a brand NEW Bargello. I might just turn out a Bargello expert after this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment