Saturday, September 09, 2006

Dutchman in Africa


After hosting an exchange student from The Netherlands for a year in 1999, she returned with her parents to visit our country in July 2001 and took heaps of photos which she shared with me. I decided to use and copy these photos with African printed fabrics and make her a quilt. Still not having been taught to do this quilting thing properly, I continued with the squares of paper but showed a little progress in that some squares were slashed to make triangles. Kept me busy for 3 years and along with my very first 'blue block' quilt, I had this professionally quilted.

Didn' come out too shabby and now I'm just waiting for Karin - the exchange student - to get married before giving this to her.

Completed August 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment